Thursday, July 2, 2009

Evil Wallpaper

I know I am slow to post again, but I have been working on painting my living room. Not an easy task with a 3 month old baby and 30 year old wallpaper to remove. My parents came for a few days to help us as the room has been bothering them as much as it has us. We bought our house last June and still hadn't painted the living room or several other rooms in the house actually. Last June when we bought the house we ripped off the old wallpaper and then that is how the room has sat for way too long. Every time my parents came to visit they would work a little at a time to remove the old paste stuck to the walls. I swear the previous owner used wallpaper paste in addition to the glue typically on the back of the wallpaper. It took one solid day to remove the paste from the last wall and a half. Then finally we could do prep work to repair the horrible condition of the walls. The previous owner just simply put spackle on a hole and then painted over it - never sanding it down to level. And they just slapped paint on the walls and never carefully cut in around anything or cleaned up paint runs. Talk about a pain to fix. But now, after 3 days of hard work, our living room is finally painted! Of course now I have some touch-ups to do and the fireplace to work on, but we have made a lot of progress. As soon as it is completely done I will be sure to share a picture.

So, last night my husband, our little guy and I went to go get groceries around 9pm. We made it about 10 minutes and through about 4 isles before some random lady starts talking to us. I guess we are just too nice because we stood there in the middle of the grocery store for an hour talking to this lady. By the time we got away from her we had heard about the birth of her four kids, her own birth, the birth of two of her grandkids, her religious and politic views, what her husband does around the house and how handy he is and what he used to do for a living. She even offered to babysit our 3 month old son. Hmmm...I don't think so. I mean really, did we need to hear her entire life story? We have a night time routine and a feeding schedule to stick to. I'm not a mean person, but at what point do you stop being so nice? I even had to explain to her how my Moby wrap worked and answer a million questions about my labor and delivery of my son.

Speaking of feeding schedules, gotta get ready to feed the little munchkin now. He should be waking up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment